This new challenge for the country hasn’t had a big effect on the housing market yet. March sales in the first two weeks have exceeded the first two weeks of last month as well as the same period last year. We do expect it to have an impact as things progress. We also expect things to level off over the next few weeks as people follow the protocols and fewer people are infected. Hopefully the world will get back to some semblance of normal soon.
We are obviously concerned for the health of our associates and our clients, so we have implemented some procedures for all our RE/MAX Associates that should allow us to continue serving our clients with the minimum amount of risk. We are going to ask our clients to observe these protocols as well for their own safety:
- No physical contact with each other or their clients and keep a good distance from each other.
- If our associates have been on an airline flight, they are required to self quarantine for 14 days.
- If they are symptomatic, they are not allowed to show property or attend face to face client appointments. They must have someone in the office that’s not sick cover their face to face requirements.
- When showing houses, they are not to travel with clients.
- When showing a house, keep their distance, wear gloves, don’t touch anything with their bare hands and don’t allow the clients to touch anything.